1. Cancel your Automatic Payment: This is your responsibility and the bank will not allow us to do this for you.
2. Keys and remotes returned: Event if you've had them copied yourself, you must return them to our office. You will need to keep paying rent until all keys are returned.
3. Sign bond form: Sign and return bond form to us. Everyone who signed the bond form at the start of the tenancy will need to sign the refund form; otherwise, your bond refund will be delayed.
4. Redirect your mail: Make sure you redirect your mail to your new property.
5. Move your utilities: We recommend using fastconnect.co.nz. They will help you move all your bills and the best bit, it's free!
Moving is stressful enough! We are here to make the process easier. Here are some common questions answered.
Fixed Term Tenancies
When you are coming to the end of your fixed term tenancy, we will contact you to confirm whether you would like to renew your tenancy. We will talk with the property owner and you to find out which tenancy will suit best for your renewal, or organise the final Inspection if you are moving on.
I want to vacate before my Fixed Term Tenancy expires?
If you want to leave your property before your Fixed Term Tenancy expires, please contact your property manager. The owner of the property may allow us to try to find new tenants for your property to take over the rest of your tenancy. There will be an advertising and administration fee, and you are liable for the rent up to when the new tenant can actually move in – this includes the 2 working days we always require between tenancies.
You are required to give us 21 days written notice. If you wish to vacate before the 21 days, you will still be liable to pay the full 21 days rent, unless we can find someone to take the property earlier.
My flatmate wants to move out and I have found another flatmate, what do I do?
Your new flatmate will need to fill in an application form and successfully complete a credit check. We will need to add them to the tenancy agreement and bond form. The departing flatmate will also want their bond back, and you will need to arrange this. There will be a charge to arrange this transfer. Before your new flatmate moves in, please contact your property manager to arrange the transfer.
When you give notice, please be understanding that we will require access to show prospective tenants through your property. We will always provide you with notice of viewings and a property manager will always be present during the viewing.
Move Out Inspection
Your Property Manager will complete your move out inspection when you have finished all your cleaning, removed your belongings and handed the keys back to us. We will contact you after to discuss the inspection. You may be asked to return to complete further cleaning or garden work that is required before we can refund your bond. To save you time and money we provide you with a helpful check list to make the moving process easier. If you follow this you will get your bond back quicker and save on additional costs and hassle.